Pages

15 February 2011

State of Mind


I came across this in "The Art of Looking Sideways"

I enjoy it for it's use of colour and creativity but largely because of i's meaning. It is the belief that the mind is more powerful than the body. Or that the mind can overrule it. To me this means that no matter what happens, ones mindset can make it or break it. 

In the past few months at the LCC, I have come to realise that this rings so true. It is particularly relevant to self esteem and confidence in ones work. I don't believe that any balanced designer thinks their work is perfect. There is always room for improvement. I have, however, come to learn that a positive mindset is crucial.

In the past I had a tendency to put myself and my work down and often had a negative view of what I was able to achieve. Recently I have been working on creating a positive attitude because honestly, it is the key to success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages