Pages

12 May 2011

Repeat Patterns Workshop

I came away from this workshop feeling really inspired! It was really nice to come away with a new technique that was so physical and not computer based. At the beginning of the workshop, I was a bit dismissive but wrongly so! Although My actual outcome wasn't all that thought through and was quite rough, it is a technique that is open to numerous options and one is able to broaden their creativity. 

Below is a photograph of some work of a colleague of mine. I am a particular fan of his illustration. It shows attention to detail and is quirky in a very creative way!




I began by using some very stereotypical London icons. In hindsight, even though I was supposed to be concentrating on attention to detail, I do light the rough look of my pattern.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages