Pages

18 December 2011

Hello again!

I haven't written on this blog for quite a while! Uni and work have proven to be quite time consuming. 
I plan to document some of my stuff a little more regularly now. 

This past term in uni, we had a crazy big project! "The A-Z project" began as a summer project and ended in December. We began with 26 words for each letter of the alphabet. Our task was to  undertake individual research and participate in sign-up workshops to develop a set of portfolio pieces that demonstrate our interests, opinions and ambitions in communication design. We were to conduct further research into each of our chosen 26 words. We were encouraged to try to unravel and get to grips with the meaning and potential of our words. We were also expected to research into contemporary and historical practice, be it within design or otherwise. The final outcomes would be a reflection of one of many words we had chosen to develop. 
I really enjoyed doing this project.

Awe...facial expressions...russian dolls...shadows on the table...shadows...documentation of shadows... 







Below are some of the images I created through the use of shadows.
Manipulating the images and editing the colour distorts the concept of awe and eeriness. 



 

 

 



This is how I imagine these series of images would be presented. I tried out different formats but I felt that each image needed it's own space in order to do itself justice! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages