Pages

20 January 2011

Blue Marlin

My cousin recently told me that he had worked in a Brand Design Agency called Blue Marlin. I took a look at the website and saw some really beautiful work that I recognised. Sometimes I don't even realise how real Graphic Design is, until I see a piece of work I can relate to after seeing it sitting on the shelf in a shop. 



This design truly portrays the purity that it means to. The blue colour is representative of this serenity. Even the packaging gives off an impression of crystal clarity. It attracts the eye of the buyer with it's creative and innovative and eye-catching design. 

The mineral water and design industry were so enchanted by the new design that it was awarded several awards including the Grand Prix at the 2008 Water Innovation Awards and a Gold at the 2009 Pent-awards.



Here is another example of Graphic Design from Blue Marlin that put me in touch with reality. To think that someone who does what I aspire to do, recreated the design for the most delicious crisps in the world!
This is a true example of successful design. It was created and is up there on every shelf in every food shop! It is recognised and appreciated by all, designer or not. 

This new design, in my opinion is very successful. It is bold yet simple, bright yet sophisticated and has a great use of typography. Each package is clearly part of a set and the rebranded logo stands as an icon on the packaging for all to see, admire and inevitably desire it's contents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages