Pages

29 March 2011

Mono-printing Workshop





I attended the Mono-printing workshop with Rachel on Tuesday and I found it really interesting! Above is one example of some of the pieces I did. I didn't choose something typically "London". It is however, a British football player. I intend to look into doing a section on sports in my book for the FMP so I found this image to be relevant. I found it intriguing that a simple photographic image can be transformed into something completely different yet very effective in it's own way! 


I decided to experiment with different colours and layers in order to create different meanings and to allow the viewers' perception to be open. 





There are endless possibilities with this method of printing and it is much like a hands on version of the layers workshop! I really enjoyed it and loved getting messy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages