Pages

01 April 2011


Darren's layers workshop turned out to be one stressful situation!! The concepts that he taught were really interesting. He spoke about the juxtaposition or overlapping of multiple elements can create an illusion of depth and can create a feeling of profundity or complexity, that one single image would fail to do.

With regards to the actual content of my work above, I always find it fun to make a political statement, even if I'm not quite sure it is I want to state!!! 

There were so many different elements to think about during the workshop. My photoshop skills are quite basic and a lot of the concepts Darren spoke about were quite new to me. I was so focussed on the technical side of the workshop that I managed to forget about my creativity!  I would definitely compare this workshop to the experience I had when I first learn to drive. So focussed on getting the gears right, I would often forget to stop at a red light! I would definitely say that there is room for improvement, which I think is quite a positive outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages